Training and Workshops
Skarborn Engineering Ltd has prepared a number of presentations on topics related to welding, and these have been given to a wide audience including welders, welding supervisors, engineers, technicians, detailers and managers. Companies participating in these sessions have included metal fabricating firms and detailing companies. Presentations have also been given to the New Brunswick Department of Transportation & Infrastructure and Nova Scotia Power Inc. Formats have included PowerPoint, text review of standards/codes, and on-site training on the shop floor.
The following courses are available on request:
- Quality – The Welder’s Responsibility
- Aluminum Quality – The Welder’s Responsibility
- Welding Supervisor’s Workshop
- CSA W47.1 Certification – How Skarborn Engineering Ltd. Works With You
- Welding – Requirements on Drawings
- Distortion Control
- Welding Procedure Specifications for Welders
- Bridge Welding Requirements
Specialized on-site training for aluminum welding, of interest to shops becoming certified to CSA W47.2, can be arranged.